How to contact us
- Routine messages can be left on our answer phone which is checked daily (835923), for more urgent requests we can be contacted via St Martins Hospital switchboard on 01225 832383 who will be happy to pass on any messages or referrals.
Services we offer
District Nurses provide evidence based, skilled nursing care to housebound and terminally ill patients, including:
- Complex assessment of health needs
- Palliative care
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Administration of treatment using specialized nursing equipment
- Promotion and maintenance of health independence
- Education and support to patients, carers and colleagues
We are unable to make precise appointment times, as our daily work and travelling time is quite variable. We do not provide an emergency service.
Other People who may also be able to help you at home:
- Social Services provide basic social care. If you need help with personal hygiene, bathing, meals, housework, shopping, day care, respite, getting up, going to bed or toileting, then they may be able to help you – Tel: 01225 477000.
- Voluntary agencies have expertise to advise and help you complete benefit for
Citizens Advice Bureaux Tel: 01225 463333
Swan Welfare Rights Advice Tel: 01761 437176
- Community Pharmacist - If you require delivery of a prescription or need a dosette box filling then please contact your Chemist.
Click here for details
We are happy to offer advice, and if we are unable to provide a particular service, we can usually point you in the right direction.